This pretend professor of law absolutely does not understand that there are at least two very important functions of the Second Amendment. The first is to provide a backup force to the army if there in a foreign army invasion. This should include the invasion by the drug cartel of Mexico. Of course the US government supplied guns to these same drug cartels. What would this professor of law do to protect the US from our own government? The second very important function is to allow each person the right to protect himself and his family from the criminals that plan to rob, steal, rape, assault him and his loved ones. This professor of law would call 911. Well the police might get to him in 10 to 20 minute if at all. The police are not required to come to protect or prevent the crime. The US Supreme Court in a case ruled that the job of the police is to investigate the crime after the fact and try to find the criminal and provide the evidence to get them prosecuted. This tells real people that they have to protect themselves. A gun in the hands of properly trained people is protection and crime preventive. The last time I read that more than 30 states have conceal carry laws and these are the states with the lowest crime rates. I guess the criminals prefer to go to the states without conceal carry laws. If we go by numbers of children killed , we should outlaw cars. Most of these children killed in cars are by ordinary people or drunks. Most of the children killed by guns are by mentally ill people. Fixing the gun problem is to fix the mentally ill problem. The liberals have forced us to turn the mentally ill loss for out patient care. Its been said that liberals are mentally ill. We should get mental treatment for this law professor.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago