How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Actually it's 3 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch (forgot, though, who said it).
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 58 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- IG finds dozens of federal workers watched TV and did laundry on the clock — and got bonuses Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago