How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Actually it's 3 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch (forgot, though, who said it).
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 4 hours ago