Nationwide, the average top marginal rate will rise from 41.8% to 47.8%. In New York, California and Hawaii, the top marginal income tax...
In response to:
Biggbear----totally agree. I moved out in '05 and sold everything within a year later. Still have family there, however, they believe the governance is apt and well-placed. Geeeeeeesh, what a trainwreck....
A new study out from economists at Lynchburg College calculates the effective top marginal tax rates on various forms of income. While most of the media focuses on the federal top marginal income tax rate, Professors Gerald Prante and Austin John have factored in all of the taxes both nationwide and in each individual state and found that the average rate across the country will approach 50% - surpassing it in three different states.
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 14 minutes ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago