Three quotes to whet your appetite, followed by the punch line from the president. House Republicans' latest "fiscal cliff" resolution package -- originally proposed by Democrat Erskine Bowles -- includes $800 Billion in new federal revenues, while lowering tax rates across the board. Democrats instantly rejected the idea, making a heavy play about "the math" not adding up. They've repeatedly contended that Republicans' plan to expand the tax base by closing loopholes, eliminating or capping deductions, and limiting credits cannot hit their projected revenue target. (1) White House Spokesman Jay Carney: "
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago