In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
"The "pro-life" movement loves to claim that life begins as conception." ___________________________________________________________________ Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttt, wrong again. Many on the Left and advocates of pro choice embrace the absolute truth that life begins at conception. I've provided examples of Progressives who support this Truth. Even the confused 'caveat emptor' cannot change this. What a apropos moniker for her------"let the buyer beware". And let the reader beware of the confused narrative of this sad individual. Once again, another example of a pro-choice advocate who agrees that life begins at conception. "So what". http://www.salon.com/2013/01/23/so_what_if_abortion_ends_life/
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago