Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
One more question: are you able to distance yourself from michael for just a short time? I think he would be a 5th wheel...
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago