The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
'T172' scribbles: "Lol less am radio bro you'll feel better." ___________________________________________________________________ That's right, ideologue-----don't read the very report that was written over 70 years ago by a very astute Englishman. And the reality that has occurred in Britain is another painful reality you choose to ignore. SEVENTY YEARS of entitlement, generational class of people. Well documented for those willing to open theie eyes to see. JUST NOT YOU....
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 18 hours ago