The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
'T172' scribbles, "It's a good read" ___________________________________________________________________ Yeah, for you. I prefer to observe the last 70 years of "legacy" Britain created with their own welfare system. YOU? You prefer to ignore the deades of reality based outcomes from this very myopic government creation. Go stick your head back in the sand, loser....
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 6 mins ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 3 hours ago