The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
Great Britain has a class of people with no ambition, no desire to do better, no aspirations other than to suck from teh teat of government. And the offspring of those who were started on these programs, over 70 years ago-------have been dutifully taught that they should do NOTHING other than strive to be just as their parents are. Lib-Losers ignore this FACT. Either that, or, this is exactly how they want the system to operate....
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 44 mins ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 4 hours ago