The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
Great Britain has a class of people with no ambition, no desire to do better, no aspirations other than to suck from teh teat of government. And the offspring of those who were started on these programs, over 70 years ago-------have been dutifully taught that they should do NOTHING other than strive to be just as their parents are. Lib-Losers ignore this FACT. Either that, or, this is exactly how they want the system to operate....
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 13 hours ago