The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
Great Britain has a class of people with no ambition, no desire to do better, no aspirations other than to suck from teh teat of government. And the offspring of those who were started on these programs, over 70 years ago-------have been dutifully taught that they should do NOTHING other than strive to be just as their parents are. Lib-Losers ignore this FACT. Either that, or, this is exactly how they want the system to operate....
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago