The financial crisis is over and the recession ended in 2009. But one of the federal government's biggest social welfare programs, which expanded when the economy convulsed, isn't shrinking back alongside the recovery.
Enrollment in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, as the modern-day food-stamp benefit is known, has soared 70% since 2008 to a record 47.8 million as of December 2012. Congressional budget...
In response to:
Great Britain has a class of people with no ambition, no desire to do better, no aspirations other than to suck from teh teat of government. And the offspring of those who were started on these programs, over 70 years ago-------have been dutifully taught that they should do NOTHING other than strive to be just as their parents are. Lib-Losers ignore this FACT. Either that, or, this is exactly how they want the system to operate....
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago