Every time I see an article like this, it reminds me of the old saying about teachers. "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." There is always the obligitory "thank you for your service" thrown in to give the impression that we think teachers are doing yoeman's work teaching our children. The fact of the matter is they're not. A teaching degree is the 21st century version of the "basket weaving degree" we all used to laugh about, when talking about the degrees "jocks" used to get. When we started importing engineers and doctors from other countries, that should have indicated the failure of primary education in this country. Unionized teachers have become nothing more than "clerks" at the DMV.
Three years ago, my fellow conservatives and I realized that the teacher’s union American Federation of Teachers (AFT), was heavily involved in the off-year election of the local school board members. Because the school board elections are non-partisan, the two-to-one Republican majority of voters could not identify which candidates on the ballot were conservatives. The result was that most of the seven school board members were effectively chosen by the union. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 11 hours ago