Every time I see an article like this, it reminds me of the old saying about teachers. "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." There is always the obligitory "thank you for your service" thrown in to give the impression that we think teachers are doing yoeman's work teaching our children. The fact of the matter is they're not. A teaching degree is the 21st century version of the "basket weaving degree" we all used to laugh about, when talking about the degrees "jocks" used to get. When we started importing engineers and doctors from other countries, that should have indicated the failure of primary education in this country. Unionized teachers have become nothing more than "clerks" at the DMV.
Three years ago, my fellow conservatives and I realized that the teacher’s union American Federation of Teachers (AFT), was heavily involved in the off-year election of the local school board members. Because the school board elections are non-partisan, the two-to-one Republican majority of voters could not identify which candidates on the ballot were conservatives. The result was that most of the seven school board members were effectively chosen by the union. ...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago