Every time I see an article like this, it reminds me of the old saying about teachers. "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." There is always the obligitory "thank you for your service" thrown in to give the impression that we think teachers are doing yoeman's work teaching our children. The fact of the matter is they're not. A teaching degree is the 21st century version of the "basket weaving degree" we all used to laugh about, when talking about the degrees "jocks" used to get. When we started importing engineers and doctors from other countries, that should have indicated the failure of primary education in this country. Unionized teachers have become nothing more than "clerks" at the DMV.
Three years ago, my fellow conservatives and I realized that the teacher’s union American Federation of Teachers (AFT), was heavily involved in the off-year election of the local school board members. Because the school board elections are non-partisan, the two-to-one Republican majority of voters could not identify which candidates on the ballot were conservatives. The result was that most of the seven school board members were effectively chosen by the union. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago