The idea that men are ineligible to speak out on abortion has at least six flaws, each of which should be understood and articulated by men who desire to speak on the issue. Those argumentative flaws follow in no particular order of importance:...
"he knows that men often coerce women into abortions by threatening to leave them if they have the baby. Therefore, by entering the debate, the pro-life man may be reducing coercive control over women’s bodies." Men certainly often coerce women to have sex. It shows courage for a man to stand up for life because then he must also stand up for the consequences of sex...
Recently, a student asked me whether I had a right to speak out on abortion given that I am a man and could never experience pregnancy. I countered by asking him whether arguments have testicles. The question drew laughter from other students who were listening to the exchange. But my point was serious and worth addressing at length.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago