Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
So I guess "lying BS" is too severe. But, to have a post taken down.....I have arrived! So, to put this another way; if you truly believe this then you deserve the government you get. Unfortunately, the rest of us don't.
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago