Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Take your lying BS to the Huffpo where people believe it
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago