Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Take your lying BS to the Huffpo where people believe it
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 14 hours ago