Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Take your lying BS to the Huffpo where people believe it
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago