The reason, we are told, is a change that Republicans have previously rejected but Democrats and Latino groups see as indispensable: a procedure for illegal immigrants to become legal residents and, eventually, citizens. Critics call it "amnesty" and say it will spur illegal immigration as surely as...
Obama has refused to enforce the immigration laws we have now. What makes you think he'll enforce new ones if they don't suit his purpose?
To hear opponents tell it, you don't want to be standing along the U.S. border when an immigration reform bill becomes law. Millions of foreigners who were previously content in their native lands will hear about it, pack a bag and storm across the U.S. border, trampling anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago