As reported by Politico, Reid allied himself with Republican Senator Jon Kyl to draft a bill that would federalize online poker and ban states from offering ALL other forms of Internet gambling. This would...
In response to:
I don't like gambling for what it does when people become addicted and cheat their families out of their livlihood, but Reid and Kyl are complete idiots for this kind of bill. Each state has the right to offer gambling...it's not going to stop the people who go to Las Vegas, Reno, or any of the Indian Casinos from going there for the atmosphere, as opposed to people who just want to play online once in a while. All states are entitled to their own revenue initiatives to help balance their budgets, something Reid knows nothing about. These two cretins are just childlishly saying, "We've got ours, and you can't have any!" (Foot stomping here...) This bill must be soundly trounced and the two Senators sent to the woodshed for greed.
Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid hasn’t had time to pass a Senate Budget in nearly four years but he’s found a way to give states more debt and unemployment headaches. As states struggle to balance their budgets in the worst economic recovery since the Great Depression, Senator Reid wants to federalize online poker, effectively robbing states of BILLIONS of dollars in lottery revenue.
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 59 minutes ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago