Scotland's Future Hangs in Balance

CinemaNoir Wrote: Aug 28, 2014 2:34 PM
Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Scotland's Future Hangs in Balance

CinemaNoir Wrote: Aug 28, 2014 2:33 PM
Shakespeare also commented on the Scottish/English debacle: Round about the cauldron go; In the poison'd entrails throw. Toad, that under cold stone Days and nights has thirty-one Swelter'd venom sleeping got, Boil thou first i' the charmed pot

Scotland's Future Hangs in Balance

CinemaNoir Wrote: Aug 28, 2014 10:47 AM
I wish the people of Scotland well as they decide whether or not to part company with what is now becoming an Islamic state.....

Policing a Riot

CinemaNoir Wrote: Aug 20, 2014 7:00 PM
John is usually even-handed and objective, but he misses the mark in this column..... After a wrestling match for his pistol, which resulted in the discharge of one round, inside the patrol vehicle, the officer managed to retain control, although suffering a serious head-wound at the hands of the 6'4", 290-pound assailant.... The assailant was running away from the encounter when ordered to stop by the officer..... According to eye-witnesses, the assailant turned back, taunted the officer, then began running toward him. Being charged by this huge assailant, the officer had no choice but to fire his weapon until the assailant was stopped. The comment by "45caliber" regarding concealed training teaching "you to shoot once and see if he stops. Then twice and stop.," is not only wrong, it's absurd to think that anyone being attacked would "shoot once and see if he stops." I am licensed to carry a weapon. If attacked and in fear of my life and/or great physical harm, I'm trained to fire my weapon at the attacker until the cylinder or magazine is empty. Simply put, my life is more valuable than any attacker. The Ferguson police officer's life is more important than his attacker and would-be murderer.l

Who Owns You?

CinemaNoir Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 5:33 PM
If your wife suffers from a childhood skull fracture, why would you want to expose her to further injury, or death, by taking her for a motorcycle ride, helmet or not? Common sense trumps laws! And Chris, how could God's will change the fact that my life in finite? :Please don't tell me that "everlasting life" is mine for the asking..... Certainly my physical life is not "everlasting," and if my soul is to soar forever in the cosmos I don't think it depends on repentance and request!

Who Owns You?

CinemaNoir Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 12:45 PM
wytex2, Your reply is insightful ~ and correct! Although my life is finite; my will cannot change that!

Who Owns You?

CinemaNoir Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 12:43 PM
Well, I haven't spoken to God lately, nor do I think you have, so you are "free" to believe what you will, and I am "free" to believe that God does not OWN me ~ or you. If you choose to live your live chained to your belief that you are owned by GOD, or anyone or anything else, you are owned ~ not by God or anyone or anything else, but by the constraints of your own understanding of life!

Who Owns You?

CinemaNoir Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 12:06 PM
Anton, I abide by laws that make sense..... Wearing a helmet when riding a bike or motorcycle? Yes, common sense..... Mandatory use of a seatbelt? Yes, at least twice I have avoided death or serious injury because I was wearing a seatbelt! Dictates what I can put into my body? Well, I don't do drugs, not because of laws, rather because I know they can ravage my body. Perhaps you are not the captain of your ship, but I captain mine!

Who Owns You?

CinemaNoir Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 11:58 AM
God does NOT own you, Wayne ~ God gave you life and free will, then set you free to take your God-given spark of humanity and do with it what you will......

Who Owns You?

CinemaNoir Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 11:00 AM
Who owns me? No one! No government ~ no religion ~ no political party. I am not for sale! My heart and soul are mine! My life is mine! I abide by laws and respect the rights of others. But my life, and my mind, are owned by no one but me! I am indebted to no one! I am not for sale!