And I used to live in the OC, including sending my kids to the now discredited Capistrano Unified School District with its financial mess. Budgets are about choices and these short term gimmicks always backfire and will hurt the kids they profess to help. Good finance, like good education, depends on sound fundamentals, not gimmicks.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago