Orange County, California's gamble on derivatives ultimately led to its bankruptcy. Poway's desperate financing deal is far worse and should be prohibited. Governments, especially small municipalities, should limit themselves to traditional financing. Times may desperate in the Golden State, but this is nuts.
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago