So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Here is what I just don't get... The president has not presented a budget in earnest ever. They were just presented with the sole intent of failing. And fail they did. Spectacularly. So why bother with this administration? The House has the votes to strangle the WH and the Senate. Cut them off on the spending. Do it now so the effects will be far along by the mid-terms. The welfare types will probably riot. Who cares? When the administration is willing to spend more on the average welfare family whilst taxing the daylights out of the average working family who make less than said welfare family, then the time has come to cut off the funds. The status quo is unacceptable, aside from being pure madness.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 12 hours ago