So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Here is what I just don't get... The president has not presented a budget in earnest ever. They were just presented with the sole intent of failing. And fail they did. Spectacularly. So why bother with this administration? The House has the votes to strangle the WH and the Senate. Cut them off on the spending. Do it now so the effects will be far along by the mid-terms. The welfare types will probably riot. Who cares? When the administration is willing to spend more on the average welfare family whilst taxing the daylights out of the average working family who make less than said welfare family, then the time has come to cut off the funds. The status quo is unacceptable, aside from being pure madness.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014