Just another example of how anxious the Obama administration is to be the most transparent in history!

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 12:29 PM
There are less than half a dozen "liberals" who are Republicans in the House of Representatives. There are over 60 real "conservatives". And yes, the rest are moderates. It seems evident to me your remark was meant to conceal this significant fact.

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 12:25 PM
No, most are either "useful idiots" or "fellow travelers" to mix Marx's and Chamber's terminology. The distinction hardly matters to the outcome, so why bring it up?

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 12:19 PM
Ah, I'd challenge the statement that 20% of Americans suffer from one form of "mental illness" or another. There are many, many types of personality disorders too mild to be reasonably characterized as "illnesses". Furthermore, many Americans seek psychological treatment in the form of counseling for temporary feelings of intense anxiety due to their current circumstances, rather than to something intrinsically mentally wrong with them. Finally, many things that thirty years ago were not considered "illnesses" today are. Taken altogether, I seriously doubt, although I rush to admit I have not researched it myself, that one out of every five Americans is suffering from "mental illness".

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 12:13 PM
Fair enough, but that doesn't justify the claim he's lying in his remarks on "global warming", or the idea that for him and his ideological ilk "global warming" is simply a political stalking horse dressed in a lab coat to aid them in their quest for a one world, totalitarian government. It only justifies the strong suspicion that he's lying his a** off. ;-)

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 12:07 PM
In epistemology the faculty is called by various names. I believe Reid called it "sympathy". It's our cognitive faculty by which we grant, by default, credence to the testimony of others, and speak the truth ourselves. Skepticism in the absence of validating evidence and lying are cognitive aberrations. And because this is a built in faculty in human beings, it functions in the complex cognitive process, just like our other faculties of perception, reason, memory, etc., do to produce beliefs in us. In the case you cite it appears the number of testimonies received, while each weaker, perhaps, than perception in impacting the conclusion reached, by their very number overwhelmed the normally more relied upon cognitive faculty in the belief formed. It's simply how we're made.

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 11:57 AM
Yeah, but when he was the term wasn't offensive to the American people.

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 11:53 AM
He was a Federalist, but he believed in the Constitution as written, which did not establish a "strong central government", as subsequent US history and legal analysis by such remarkable legal minds as Justice Story demonstrates beyond dispute. Only since the legal doctrine of the Constitution as "a living breathing document" has it been used to suggest it establishes "a strong central government", both ideas mainstays of the political Left in this country, neither of which happens to be true.

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 11:43 AM
Energy production is not a "segment" of the economy except for convenience in economic parlance. Energy production, by which is really meant energy transference, is fundamental to all life! As such, it IS the economy, rather than a segment of it. Obamacare, as extensive as its impact on the economy is very likely to be (estimates ranges as high as 18% of the total economy will be substantially impacted by Obamacare!), pales in comparison to the "fixes" for "global warming" being bandied about by the anthropogenic global warming hysterics; a group that unfortunately includes our current president.

Lies My President Told Me

ChuckintheOC Wrote: Nov 30, 2013 11:37 AM
Of all the nonsense surrounding this idea of significant and unique in the history of man global warming, the most dangerous by far was the EPA's certification of CO2 as a pollutant. If we rational people accomplish nothing else the instant Obama leaves office, it must be to force the EPA to reverse that ridiculous and life threatening decision!