The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
Kinda like that line in Star Trek - The Wrath of Kahn "The needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few, or the one." Who knew Spock was so political... ;-)
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 14 mins ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 54 mins ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 3 hours ago