The United Nations has been debating an arms trade treaty for nearly a decade now. Though the treaty is ostensibly focused on military arms, it has long been clear that the majority of U.N. delegates...
In response to:
The fact is, the 2nd Amendment does not exist (just) for hunting, and it does not exist (just) for personal self defense. It exists so that free citizens can deter and/or fight back against their own tyrannical government. And with a President who thinks he can indefinitely detain or even ASSASSINATE U.S. citizens without pressing charges; with drones circling our skies and an internet that may soon no longer be free of censorship, we need our right to bear arms now more than ever. So what do we Republicans do? We nominate a man who has no beef with Obama's Kill List, no problem with the NDAA or the PATRIOT Act, and no problem with any gun laws currently on the books. Bravo, Republicans, Bravo!
Last time I checked, Americans were responsible for making our own laws. We do not invite foreign nations to have a say in how we govern ourselves within our own borders. Yet if you follow what's been going on with the United Nations this year, you know that the USA came perilously close to having other countries dictate our gun laws. And the fight isn't over yet.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago