The United Nations has been debating an arms trade treaty for nearly a decade now. Though the treaty is ostensibly focused on military arms, it has long been clear that the majority of U.N. delegates...
In response to:
The fact is, the 2nd Amendment does not exist (just) for hunting, and it does not exist (just) for personal self defense. It exists so that free citizens can deter and/or fight back against their own tyrannical government. And with a President who thinks he can indefinitely detain or even ASSASSINATE U.S. citizens without pressing charges; with drones circling our skies and an internet that may soon no longer be free of censorship, we need our right to bear arms now more than ever. So what do we Republicans do? We nominate a man who has no beef with Obama's Kill List, no problem with the NDAA or the PATRIOT Act, and no problem with any gun laws currently on the books. Bravo, Republicans, Bravo!
Last time I checked, Americans were responsible for making our own laws. We do not invite foreign nations to have a say in how we govern ourselves within our own borders. Yet if you follow what's been going on with the United Nations this year, you know that the USA came perilously close to having other countries dictate our gun laws. And the fight isn't over yet.
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago