Last week the Obama administration issued a bogus compromise on the contraception mandate in ObamaCare through Health and Human Services. The deal? Institutions deemed "religious" by the government get a pass while businesses morally opposed to the mandate still must provide insurance plans to employees that provide contraception without a co-pay.
In response to:
The Catholic bishops have been pressing for government-run health care since 1919. Now that they have it, they don't like it. They are trying to modify the existing law to make it palatable to themselves, but it will not work. They need to recognize that government-run health care is inherently bad. The only course of action is to admit that they were wrong in pressing for government-run health care and demand that Obamacare be repealed in its entirety.
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago