No one can ever literally go back-but remember as much as things change they also stay the same- There is nothing new under the sun- and true morality never goes out of style. The 50's and 60's had their own set of mishaps and issues and today the same exists. Whereas racial divides and racism- Jim Crow and the like were mainstays back then and excesses had to be dealt with- today we have a reverse situation where the same issues are to be noted. Character is not judged, but skin color. Men and women in many instances live with a victimhood mentality wherein they see themselves as nothing but victims instead of getting off their as ses and working hard. Rights without responsibilities is paramount- no In many ways I wouldn't go back to the 50's and 60's and in some ways I would. Its a mixed bag.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago