Last Friday, I bemoaned President Obama's latest executive order assigning a "task force" to oversee the domestic development of natural gas. It's a crafty little piece of strategery designed to make it appear as if his administration is encouraging the possibilities of natural gas, but also throwing a bone to the environmentalist lobby by promising to strictly regulate the "fracking" technique they insist causes all manner of public-health and environmental ills. And, in typical Obama-fashion, it won't actually accomplish anything except to retard the growth of a promising industry and prevent the creation of real, private-sector, productive jobs and...
In response to:
I say, lets give it an honest shot. If the allegations are correct earth quakes and combustible water will become more of an issue. It'll become something everyone knows about, and then we'll do something about it in the appropriate way. Perhaps not all of the wells pollute the ground water, perhaps not all of the wells cause earth quakes. The only way to know for sure is to do it more.
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 26 mins ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago