If no one seems to care that the Titanic is filling with water, why not drill another hole in it? That seems to be the M.O. of the Bernanke Federal Reserve. After the announcement of QE3 (also dubbed "QE Infinity") created yet another round of media chatter about a recovery, the Fed's Open Market Committee has decided to push infinity a little bit further. The latest move involves the rolling over of long-term Treasuries purchased as part of Operation Twist, thereby more than doubling QE3 to a monthly influx of $85 billion in phony money starting in...
I can remember when I could go into a McDonalds and get a big mac, fries and a soda for $1. Now that's $6+ for the same thing. Soon it will be $10. If they don't stop printing money soon it will be $100. This is exactly what they did in Germany in the 1930's. And they ended up with a loaf of bread costing millions of marks.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago