There are a lot of problems with using ethanol as fuel that are not directly related to the subsidies. Many of the parts in modern cars and trucks have to be special made to withstand the corrosive effects it has on fuel system components. That makes your car cost more, repairs become more expensive, at they don't last as long. You can use a simple rubber hose to make a connection with straight gasoline, but ethanol eats that rubber and clogs your fuel system. Many older cars cannot withstand these corrosive effects. Corn is for eating. Ethanol is for drinking.
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago