For any pretense at equality the women first need to start playing just as many sets as the men do. Best of 5 instead of best of 3. Give me a break. I love to watch women play but why don't they play the same number of sets? Same reason women come in behind men at a marathon, a triathalon, etc. How many women are great as race drivers. The very best are close to the men but none have won multiple championships. I'd love to see a woman good enough to drive competitively in a competitive formula 1 car. I don't think there's a woman alive who could do that. Take the last race, the Singapore GP. Almost 2 hours of 23 turns per lap pulling upwards of 5 G's in many of the turns. The best drivers were pretty much worn out on the podium. They lose up to 6 pounds of water weight during the race even though they have drink bottles. These guys are probably more fit than any other group of people on the planet. I doubt if any woman can endure the physical stress they can. But on the other hand, there are jobs that women can do that no man can. I'm sure glad I don't have to endure childbirth. Waaa. I'm hating the idea. I went in with my wife during both our kids births and I see what they go through. Women can endure more pain than I can. Probably than most men can. Why do they insist they are equal as opposed to having equal opportunity. Equal opportunity does not mean getting in through quotas. That's discrimination. Take the test, if you pass then you pass. If you don't then you either can't or aren't prepared enough. Same thing is happening to different races. Quotas just get people into a school or job when they don't meet the actual requirements to perform and so they end up with fake degrees, or they drop out or they get fired or they should get fired. Putting anyone in a position where they don't meet the requirements of the situation is just aching for failure when if they went to a lower position they might excel. People like doctor Sowel and Walter Williams prove that it's ability that counts, not your gender, not your color. Exactly as Martin Luther King Jr. wanted.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- DoD renames “unlawful combatants” in detainee manual to … Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Should Boehner protest Obama’s amnesty order by refusing to invite him to deliver the State of the Union? Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Unity: Hagel firing brings consensus that Obama foreign policy is broken Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Nonpartisan organization confirms the GOP can defund Obama’s immigration order Noah Rothman 15 hours ago