For any pretense at equality the women first need to start playing just as many sets as the men do. Best of 5 instead of best of 3. Give me a break. I love to watch women play but why don't they play the same number of sets? Same reason women come in behind men at a marathon, a triathalon, etc. How many women are great as race drivers. The very best are close to the men but none have won multiple championships. I'd love to see a woman good enough to drive competitively in a competitive formula 1 car. I don't think there's a woman alive who could do that. Take the last race, the Singapore GP. Almost 2 hours of 23 turns per lap pulling upwards of 5 G's in many of the turns. The best drivers were pretty much worn out on the podium. They lose up to 6 pounds of water weight during the race even though they have drink bottles. These guys are probably more fit than any other group of people on the planet. I doubt if any woman can endure the physical stress they can. But on the other hand, there are jobs that women can do that no man can. I'm sure glad I don't have to endure childbirth. Waaa. I'm hating the idea. I went in with my wife during both our kids births and I see what they go through. Women can endure more pain than I can. Probably than most men can. Why do they insist they are equal as opposed to having equal opportunity. Equal opportunity does not mean getting in through quotas. That's discrimination. Take the test, if you pass then you pass. If you don't then you either can't or aren't prepared enough. Same thing is happening to different races. Quotas just get people into a school or job when they don't meet the actual requirements to perform and so they end up with fake degrees, or they drop out or they get fired or they should get fired. Putting anyone in a position where they don't meet the requirements of the situation is just aching for failure when if they went to a lower position they might excel. People like doctor Sowel and Walter Williams prove that it's ability that counts, not your gender, not your color. Exactly as Martin Luther King Jr. wanted.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 9 hours ago