I’m conflicted. More and more people get lured into some form of government dependency every year, and this suggests Americans eventually will adopt a European-style moocher mentality.
This worries me.
On the other hand, I periodically see polls suggesting that the American people have very libertarian views on key issues.
- By a margin of almost 4-1, Americans support a spending cap.
Two-thirds of gun owners
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 45 minutes ago
- Hawaii ponders: It might be time to start taxing insurers for not participating in our ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago