Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
Actually no conservatives have bashed gays. They get accused of it but it doesn't happen. Gays have exactly the same rights as any straight person. They can marry anyone they want as long as that person is the opposite sex same rights as a straight person...EXACTLY THE SAME.
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 35 mins ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago