"President does not have authority to use a drone to kill an American on U.S. soil if the citizen is not engaged in combat." Why in the heck is there an armed drone flying over the U.S. in the first place (minus military training etc...) What does he mean, "if the citizen is not engaged in combat"? If anything, the administrations answers has done more to muddy the waters than before. The answer should be its Unconstitutional. FISA courts will be consulted for actions overseas and congress (Intelligence and armed services committees) will have full access to the process.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago