But defeat, destruction, captivity, exile? It couldn't happen here. Yesterday it did. Before the sunset, the city was a ruin, the Temple aflame....
When Heaven and Earth have passed away all of God's promises will have been fulfilled.
Yesterday the city fell. The siege had been going on for months. Three weeks ago the enemy breached the walls. A lone voice here and there, an occasional street preacher, tried to warn the people, but to no avail. Prophets may be honored but not in their own country. Life in the teeming city continued as always. People ate and slept, bought and sold, and quarreled as usual, blaming each other as the enemy's grip tightened.
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago