In response to:

House to Vote on Fiscal Cliff Bill

Chris2189 Wrote: Jan 01, 2013 10:29 PM
Fair enough, I make an assumption about you and you make one about me. Somehow I strongly suspect that mine is closer to reality though. I once worked for a company that employed about 200 people and all 5 of the owner's adult children worked there along with about 3 of their spouses. Of those 8 people 2 were truly good at what they did and deserving of their salary. Maybe 3 were at least semi-capable and were overpaid but at least functional. And about 3 were absolutely dead-weight. Point is that I figure I've got about a 75% chance of being more right than wrong. Labor force participation rate is about 64%, so the odds of me being a taker are only 36%. Half my odds of being right.
Chris2189 Wrote: Jan 01, 2013 10:43 PM
Nope, smiling much. That business went pointy b00bs up last year, due in large part to the crony capitalism (that your friend Ayn Rand hated just as much as government by the way). I noticed the other day the owner put his $4million house up for sale. I strongly suspect he'll be downsizing and relocating to FL. Truth is he's a pretty good guy that let "being blessed to be in a family that built a business" get the better of him.
maryanne24 Wrote: Jan 01, 2013 10:37 PM
Whatever. My husband works for a family business. I did not say he was wealthy,.,,just that he is a hard worker who deserves what he earns..
Angie74 Wrote: Jan 01, 2013 10:37 PM
Chris, if someone owns a business they can give the jobs to their family members and pay them whatever they want...it is called being blessed to be in a family that has built a business...envious much?

House Speaker John Boehner presented two options to his members today—to make an amendment that would add a package of spending cuts to the bill, an extremely risky move, or vote to adopt the deal and send it along to President Obama. After determining there wasn’t enough support to amend the legislation, which passed 89-8 in the Senate, the House is moving forward with an up-or-down vote tonight.

The decision to move ahead with the Senate bill — which allows tax rates to jump to 39.6 percent on income over $450,000 — came after House Republicans internally...

Related Tags: Fiscal Cliff