Despite a sluggish recovery and depressing job creation numbers, the president isn't pushing for policies that would stimulate the economy and create jobs; he's focusing on keeping his own job. On Monday, the Senate voted 51-45 -- shy of the 60 votes needed -- on a version of the "Buffett...
From what I can tell, in order to "prove" that rich guy's secretaries pay a higher rate than the rich do, liberals are adding the 15% FICA tax to the regular income tax. Not only was this never done before (since it's not an income tax), they are adding both the employers' and employees' contributions. Wasn't it liberals who worked so hard to convince us that anything the employer paid wasn't actually a tax?
President Barack Obama calls his proposed tax on millionaires the "Buffett rule," based on financier Warren Buffett's claim that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Obama claims that the "Buffett rule" asks millionaires to "do their fair share" by paying the same income tax rate that middle-class families pay.
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago