It was crystal clear tonight that Vice President Biden was determined not to reprise the president's passive performance in Denver. In that, he succeeded. He also succeeded in interrupting his opponent constantly, repeatedly laughing at strange moments, and playing the 'loud anger' card frequently. Rep. Paul Ryan's serenity in the face of the Vice President's behavior was almost supernatural. On actual talking points, the two men battled to a draw. Ryan excelled on economic issues, gave a fabulous answer on abortion and closed strong. He also held his own on foreign policy. Biden scored on Afghanistan and by pointing out...
I noticed that Joe Biden in the debate, and also Stephanie Cutter have verbalized the same false narrative. The false narrative being that Romney was the first to respond to the Libya attacks where Americans were killed and so in being critical was trying to score cheap and inappropropriate political points. The truth of course is that Romney's criticism they are referring to happened before the Libya attack was known. There were protests and rioting and flags being burned at the Cairo embassy and the embassy issued an apology and this apology is what Romney criticized and rightly so.
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 24 minutes ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago