With the role of red bureaucratic tape in hampering small business just in the news, we thought we'd take a historic look at how many pages of new rules and regulations the federal government spits out every year.
Or rather, in each year beginning with 1936, because that's all as far back as we could find the data! Our chart below visualizes what we found.
Generally speaking, with the exception of the period of World War 2, we find that the federal government used to be pretty well contained when it...
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago