With the role of red bureaucratic tape in hampering small business just in the news, we thought we'd take a historic look at how many pages of new rules and regulations the federal government spits out every year.
Or rather, in each year beginning with 1936, because that's all as far back as we could find the data! Our chart below visualizes what we found.
Generally speaking, with the exception of the period of World War 2, we find that the federal government used to be pretty well contained when it...
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago