With the role of red bureaucratic tape in hampering small business just in the news, we thought we'd take a historic look at how many pages of new rules and regulations the federal government spits out every year.
Or rather, in each year beginning with 1936, because that's all as far back as we could find the data! Our chart below visualizes what we found.
Generally speaking, with the exception of the period of World War 2, we find that the federal government used to be pretty well contained when it...
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago