With the role of red bureaucratic tape in hampering small business just in the news, we thought we'd take a historic look at how many pages of new rules and regulations the federal government spits out every year.
Or rather, in each year beginning with 1936, because that's all as far back as we could find the data! Our chart below visualizes what we found.
Generally speaking, with the exception of the period of World War 2, we find that the federal government used to be pretty well contained when it...
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 3 hours ago