With the role of red bureaucratic tape in hampering small business just in the news, we thought we'd take a historic look at how many pages of new rules and regulations the federal government spits out every year.
Or rather, in each year beginning with 1936, because that's all as far back as we could find the data! Our chart below visualizes what we found.
Generally speaking, with the exception of the period of World War 2, we find that the federal government used to be pretty well contained when it...
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago