The lesson of the past several decades is that once Americans establish ourselves to assure security, we stay as long as it takes and then stay some more. World War II has been over for 67 years, but we still have 37,000 troops in Japan and 53,000 in...
Limited government isn't a right wing desire, it's a libertarian desire. Both right and left desire government power. Only libertarians desire the dismantling of the state...
The argument for leaving 10,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan after 2014 is more or less reasonable on its face. The Kabul government is fragile; our gains might be reversed; the Afghan military is not ready to stand on its own. Here's the unreasonable, unavoidable part: If we don't leave then, we probably never will.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 11 hours ago