In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
The GOP doesn't need to pander to anyone. All the GOP has to do is accept a platform of social AND economic freedom, non-interventionism, sound money, and low government spending.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 9 hours ago