In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
The GOP doesn't need to pander to anyone. All the GOP has to do is accept a platform of social AND economic freedom, non-interventionism, sound money, and low government spending.
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago