In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
The GOP doesn't need to pander to anyone. All the GOP has to do is accept a platform of social AND economic freedom, non-interventionism, sound money, and low government spending.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 10 hours ago