In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
What immigrants want is opportunity, and opportunity only comes from freedom. We cannot continue the welfare programs that inexorably draw parasitic immigrants to the US. We MUST offer the freedom of immigration, a generous guest worker program, a simple path to citizenship, and the environment where new businesses can be started easily, not regulated into failure, and not taxed into obscurity.
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago