In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
What immigrants want is opportunity, and opportunity only comes from freedom. We cannot continue the welfare programs that inexorably draw parasitic immigrants to the US. We MUST offer the freedom of immigration, a generous guest worker program, a simple path to citizenship, and the environment where new businesses can be started easily, not regulated into failure, and not taxed into obscurity.
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 17 mins ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 57 mins ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 3 hours ago