In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
What immigrants want is opportunity, and opportunity only comes from freedom. We cannot continue the welfare programs that inexorably draw parasitic immigrants to the US. We MUST offer the freedom of immigration, a generous guest worker program, a simple path to citizenship, and the environment where new businesses can be started easily, not regulated into failure, and not taxed into obscurity.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 17 hours ago