Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Prohibition doesn't work. The government can't keep drugs out of prisons, so it makes sense that turning our entire country into a prison simply will not prevent drug use. It will only make the drug trade violent.
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 4 hours ago