I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
I guess when you're someone who has never accomplished anything except win elections, it makes sense that you continue to campaign in lieu of actually governing --- or preen and posture instead of actually answering questions at a press conference. Obama is our nation's first Absentee-President...
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead; Update: Motive? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago