WASHINGTON -- Former senator Chuck Hagel is a suave, energetic, spirited fellow. He is intelligent, and from his early youth apparently patriotic and undoubtedly courageous. He showed that in Vietnam. Hagel has been a Republican senator and an accomplished businessman. Now he is President Barack Obama's nominee for secretary of defense. Because he is President Obama's nominee for secretary of defense he is attracting dutiful scrutiny, and that is all to the good. This is not your ordinary presidency. In domestic policy and foreign policy President Obama is showing every indication of attempting to be an epochal president (with four million...
Once again, identify "the members of the Jewish Lobby". Are you saying our country should not be in solidarity with the number-one military and economic power in the Middle East? That would be strategically stupid. Now, if you say that Israel should receive no foreign aid, I would agree - ALL foreign aid should be eliminated from the budget. That being said, would you deny that it is a wise strategic policy to stand with our only ally in an important region of the world? As to, "If someone discovered the complete cure for cancer and spoke before Congress how many standing ovations would they get?" That would depend their speaking ability. Netanyahu is an outstanding speaker. He articulates American values better than Obama does.
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago