WASHINGTON -- Former senator Chuck Hagel is a suave, energetic, spirited fellow. He is intelligent, and from his early youth apparently patriotic and undoubtedly courageous. He showed that in Vietnam. Hagel has been a Republican senator and an accomplished businessman. Now he is President Barack Obama's nominee for secretary of defense. Because he is President Obama's nominee for secretary of defense he is attracting dutiful scrutiny, and that is all to the good. This is not your ordinary presidency. In domestic policy and foreign policy President Obama is showing every indication of attempting to be an epochal president (with four million...
Once again, identify "the members of the Jewish Lobby". Are you saying our country should not be in solidarity with the number-one military and economic power in the Middle East? That would be strategically stupid. Now, if you say that Israel should receive no foreign aid, I would agree - ALL foreign aid should be eliminated from the budget. That being said, would you deny that it is a wise strategic policy to stand with our only ally in an important region of the world? As to, "If someone discovered the complete cure for cancer and spoke before Congress how many standing ovations would they get?" That would depend their speaking ability. Netanyahu is an outstanding speaker. He articulates American values better than Obama does.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 9 hours ago