WASHINGTON -- Former senator Chuck Hagel is a suave, energetic, spirited fellow. He is intelligent, and from his early youth apparently patriotic and undoubtedly courageous. He showed that in Vietnam. Hagel has been a Republican senator and an accomplished businessman. Now he is President Barack Obama's nominee for secretary of defense. Because he is President Obama's nominee for secretary of defense he is attracting dutiful scrutiny, and that is all to the good. This is not your ordinary presidency. In domestic policy and foreign policy President Obama is showing every indication of attempting to be an epochal president (with four million...
Once again, identify "the members of the Jewish Lobby". Are you saying our country should not be in solidarity with the number-one military and economic power in the Middle East? That would be strategically stupid. Now, if you say that Israel should receive no foreign aid, I would agree - ALL foreign aid should be eliminated from the budget. That being said, would you deny that it is a wise strategic policy to stand with our only ally in an important region of the world? As to, "If someone discovered the complete cure for cancer and spoke before Congress how many standing ovations would they get?" That would depend their speaking ability. Netanyahu is an outstanding speaker. He articulates American values better than Obama does.
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago