WASHINGTON -- Former senator Chuck Hagel is a suave, energetic, spirited fellow. He is intelligent, and from his early youth apparently patriotic and undoubtedly courageous. He showed that in Vietnam. Hagel has been a Republican senator and an accomplished businessman. Now he is President Barack Obama's nominee for secretary of defense. Because he is President Obama's nominee for secretary of defense he is attracting dutiful scrutiny, and that is all to the good. This is not your ordinary presidency. In domestic policy and foreign policy President Obama is showing every indication of attempting to be an epochal president (with four million...
Once again, identify "the members of the Jewish Lobby". Are you saying our country should not be in solidarity with the number-one military and economic power in the Middle East? That would be strategically stupid. Now, if you say that Israel should receive no foreign aid, I would agree - ALL foreign aid should be eliminated from the budget. That being said, would you deny that it is a wise strategic policy to stand with our only ally in an important region of the world? As to, "If someone discovered the complete cure for cancer and spoke before Congress how many standing ovations would they get?" That would depend their speaking ability. Netanyahu is an outstanding speaker. He articulates American values better than Obama does.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014