Last week, I appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." For the past few weeks, Morgan had been inviting gun rights defenders ranging from the reasonable to the nutty, and then slamming them by appealing to the memory of the children slain at Sandy Hook. And when I appeared with Morgan, that's precisely what I told him: "What you tend to do is you tend to demonize people who differ from you politically by standing on the graves of the children of Sandy Hook, saying they don't seem to care enough about the dead kids." Morgan could only stammer, "How dare...
Many critics have blasted the NRA for "using" the President's children as "props" in their most recent ad. I notice that none of those critics blasted the President for using other people's children as "props" when he announced his executive orders to "prevent future gun violence."
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Putin: You’re next, Kazakhstan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: Obama saying he has no strategy against ISIS is a tactic straight out of “The Art of War” Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago