Darby, I agree with Mr. Barber and I think it is time for reasonable fanaticism (we used to call it being an American).
Mr. Barber, you are advocating and talking about religious and Christian fanatacism! Talk on, sir, talk on...

The Ghost of John Edwards

Chries Wrote: Jun 16, 2014 9:58 AM
Almost half of my fellow-millenials are "pro-choice." Because of abortion, millenials are going to have to pay increasingly punitive taxes to keep Social Security solvent for retired and retiring baby-boomers. If they only realized that baby-boomers aborted over 50,000,000 of their fellow-taxpayers, millenials would not only become overwhelmingly pro-life, they would also revolt and tell the baby-boomers to go ... (you know)

The Sexual Humor in Not Having Sex

Chries Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 12:56 PM
"... there's nothing wrong with a man who chooses to abstain or a man who chooses not to." The issue is not simply right and wrong, legal or illegal; the issue has to do with what is moral and what is immoral. Sex outside of marriage is immoral - period. And please don't ask, "Whose morality?" (I'm talking about the ONLY morality --- Biblical morality)

Libertarians Versus Conservatives

Chries Wrote: Jun 12, 2014 10:29 AM
rnaber, I can appreciate your take on an emotional level because yours is an emotion-based, feel-good philosophy. Taking emotion out of it, you are an Obama supporter. That is the reality of your position. On the abortion issue, I think you are mistaken about what I want. Emotionally, I would like to see abortion banned. Politically, I want this issue to go back to the states and I want it to be decided on a state-by-state basis. If the voters in a state decide to make abortion illegal in that state, I think they should have that right. My position on marriage is basically the same - an emotional desire for maintaining the definition of marriage accompanied by a reasonable political position that wants to see it decided at the state level.

Cantor Loses By 11 Million Voters

Chries Wrote: Jun 12, 2014 9:47 AM
DSMike, nobody is a "Tea Party member." There is no Tea Party, just a large group of conservatives who will not compromise on their conservative principles. Anyone who says they are a member of the Tea Party is ignorant. Any organization claiming to be a Tea Party organization is just cynically trying to separate people from their money.

Libertarians Versus Conservatives

Chries Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 6:47 PM
"Given another 600 years or so, Islam will face their version of the Reformation" Sorry, Curtis, but you're rather naive. The fact of the matter is, Christianity's reformation was inevitable because its founder was holy and Divine. Islam's evil founder makes an Islam reformation an impossible dream.

Libertarians Versus Conservatives

Chries Wrote: Jun 11, 2014 6:43 PM
"Libertarians Versus Conservatives" (please note: libertarians are not conservatives) There are two kinds of libertarians - the ones who vote for the Libertarian Party candidate (no matter who it is), and the ones who adopt a libertarian philosophy. IMHO, the first group may as well be Obama Democrats - I think they're just nuts. The second group I consider to be friends and political allies. We generally disagree on social issues and foreign policy, but our views on limited government and cutting spending and cutting taxes are usually right in line. I hope conservatives (like me), and small-"L"-libertarians can come together in the mid-terms and then in 2016 in order to try to turn this country around. As a pro-life conservative, I'm not insistent that everyone agree with me. I hope libertarians share that sentiment. P.S. Would you reasonable libertarians please tell some of your more strident fellow-libertarians to stop trying to convince conservatives to stop being conservative? As a conservative who is pro-life and wants to maintain the traditional American definition of marriage, I'm sort of tired of arguing with non-leftists on those issues. Thanks.
Who says, "You can't beat somebody with nobody?" Actually, Brat appears to be a substantive guy with a bright future. On the other hand, Cantor appears to be the poster boy for the axiom, "Pride goeth before a fall."
"No one is born with any innate knowledge of right and wrong." Sorry, Rich, you're wrong: "Indeed, men show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them." It's in the Bible - Romans, I think. We are born knowing right from wrong (thanks, Adam & Eve), but from birth it comes natural to do wrong (thanks again, Adam & Eve), even though we know it's wrong. While we innately know what is the right thing to do, we have to make a decision to do that right thing. This is proof, BTW, that man is not born good.
"Women shouldn't need to learn to protect themselves against rape... educate and respect yourself as a woman" So, women should just "know their place" and remain defenseless? Talk about stereotyping --- welcome to 21st century feminism.