Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

man>

Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition

Chries Wrote: Aug 31, 2014 4:10 PM
man>

On the Death of My Father

Chries Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 11:02 AM
Nice tribute. Max Prager was clearly an honorable man worthy of having his children obey the command, "Honor your father...." It's great that Dennis Prager has such a public platform from which to obey one of the most important commands in the Torah. My father-in-law is a man similar to Max Prager in so many ways. I'm grateful I was able to marry into such a wonderful family. My father, however, was not honorable. Yet, the command is still there and I must obey it, if I believe the Bible is true. How do I honor a father who was not honorable? After much struggle, I came up with four words, "He gave me life." For those who may have a twinge of remorse or envy reading about Dennis' dad and may have struggled with how you can honor a father who was clearly dishonorable (or worse), I sincerely hope you can use my experience to find a way to honor your father and be happy for the Dennis Pragers of the world who are blessed to have a great man as their father.

Hands Up! Don’t Abort!

Chries Wrote: Aug 25, 2014 10:56 AM
"Unlike some here who might wish you to remain silent (or absent) I believe there are many of us who welcome a different voice." Ranger, I do appreciate intelligent discourse from people with differing views. Unfortunately, FLMC's comments are rarely intelligent. His "straw man" canard above is a prime example.
It's obvious that Ann's residence in the cocoon called Manhattan has rendered her ignorant or oblivious where her fellow-Christians who serve as missionaries or medical missionaries are concerned. These servants of Christ are driven by a relentless love and a Divine call to go and to serve in poor countries outside the United States. I derive immense enjoyment from Ann Coulter's writing and humor. However, if Ann had ever met one of these modern-day saints, she would realize that her use of the term "Christian narcissism" is truly an oxymoron when used in reference to such special servants of Christ.

Lancet: a Home for Evil's Useful Idiots

Chries Wrote: Aug 05, 2014 8:24 AM
Enrique, I apologize if my previous comment seemed like an ad hominem attack. I genuinely feel sorry for you. You regularly attack Prager on a personal level, in your comment above you offer quotes that buttress the points Prager makes in his column, and you seem to actually believe that you have made a definitive point that refutes Prager's writing. You appear to be quite intelligent, but you have a dim mind; a mind incapable of seeing clearly.

Lancet: a Home for Evil's Useful Idiots

Chries Wrote: Aug 05, 2014 8:10 AM
You are evidently a leftist AND antisemitic. If you're also an atheist, that's a trifecta that always results in a sad life. I can only hope that you are single and have no offspring.
"A small student LGBT lobby has managed to convince other students and some faculty members (at a "Christian" college) that they need not seek freedom over the sin of homosexuality." Referring to "the sin of homosexuality" is considered hate speech by most colleges and universities, God help us...

An Open Letter to the Political Right

Chries Wrote: Aug 03, 2014 4:07 AM
Your comments indicate you want the Democrats to win. Is that really true?

An Open Letter to the Political Right

Chries Wrote: Aug 03, 2014 3:51 AM
As a disenfranchised, disenchanted Democrat, I want to see the Democratic Party pay dearly for their corruption, malfeasance, treachery, and treason. Is the Republican Party better? Not much, but they're the only alternative right now. A vote for anyone other than a Republican is tacit support for the Democrats. Wish it wasn't the case, but facts are facts, folks...

Drugs Vs. Religion

Chries Wrote: Jul 31, 2014 8:25 AM
So, you'd rather have a population of homeless, vagrant, atheists than a population of hard-working, productive, believers-in-God? You don't deny God's existence, you hate God's existence...