If wine is the extent of your "adult beverage of choice," I doubt CC or any other rational Christian would have a problem with that. Usually, the vague reference to "adult beverages" in contemporary vernacular is a reference to whiskey, Scotch, bourbon, and other strong drink. It's pretty clear Jesus didn't have a liquor cabinet.
Carlos, you appear to be on the right track. You also appear to be one who would benefit from having the way of God "explained to him... more adequately." (Acts 18:26) While a building isn't "the Church," the Bible talks about a physical place, "the house of God," and God gave a specific command in the letter to the Hebrews, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:24-25) If a Christian is insistent on not becoming part of a local fellowship of fellow-and-flawed believers, that Christian is in danger of missing out on the Will of God.

Why I Oppose Liberalism

Chries Wrote: Oct 11, 2014 9:46 PM
I don't like calling homosexual "gay," I don't like calling communism, "environmentalism," and I don't like calling leftism, "liberalism." I grew up with parents, aunts-uncles, and much older siblings and cousins who were Democrats and liberals. The older ones have passed away, the younger ones now vote Republican. All that being said, it is very clear that a "Christian" who is a Democrat (leftist) in the 21st century probably has no real love for Jesus or his teachings.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Chries Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 11:20 PM
Q: Can you describe what it means to be a good Muslim? A: A good Muslim is a Muslim who acts like a Christian.
"Religious persecution will never happen in this country." I wonder if they said that in Pre-WWII Germany?

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Chries Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 12:58 PM
Jesus said, "I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn't like the peace that this world can give. So don’t be worried or afraid." The Jesus religion is truly a religion of peace.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Chries Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 12:54 PM
"The great divide is not between Islam and the rest. It's rather between the fundamentalists and the moderates in each faith." Here's the divide, Mr. Kristoff: When you confront Mother Teresa, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, or Billy Graham, you're dealing with fundamentalist Christians; when you confront Osama Bin Laden, the 9/11 terrorists, and ISIS, you're dealing with fundamentalist Muslims. Not all fundamentalists are created equal.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Chries Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 10:56 AM
You seem to be perpetually offended - a standard trait of leftists.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Chries Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 10:55 AM
Enrique, I also am a longtime and regular listener to Dennis's program. He actually did spend a great deal of time discussing Malala when her story was in the news. Prager's radio program generally focuses on current events, so when Malala was in the news in 2012 and again when she was honored in 2013 Prager spent extensive time in discussing her story. If you truly were a regular listener, you would not have referred to "the lack of attention... given to Malala" by Prager.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Chries Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 10:30 AM
Enrique, you are clearly a closed-minded bigot. Otherwise, you would not falsely accuse Prager of prejudice and you would be able to see, in the context of the column, that Prager and Kristoff are making a clear distinction between good Muslims and evil Muslims.

Bill Maher, Ben Affleck and Islam

Chries Wrote: Oct 07, 2014 10:26 AM
"It reminds me of people that express ignorant views of my own nationality, and then tell me that they're not talking about me. They don't bother to think, if I don't fit their image of Hispanics, maybe their image is false." Enrique, what is your "nationality"? If you're American, I suggest you embrace that as your nationality. If you're offended when someone makes a generalization that "doesn't apply to you," you might want to consider the possibility that their generalization actually does apply to you.