According to numbers produced by Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler, Mitt Romney has the early voting edge in the Centennial State. So far, more than 1.9 million votes have been cast; 653,450 votes from Democrats and 688,303 from Republicans. Unaffiliated voters have cast 547,437 votes. These early numbers match up with Romney's lead in Colorado heading into Election Day.
1.9 million early votes? That's 37% of the entire population of the state! I don't know how many registered voters there are in Colorado, but 1.9 million ballots is impressive for the Centennial State. I'm sure that 95% or more of those Republican ballots were cast for Romney. I am hopeful that a significant percentage of those Democrat ballots were also cast for Romney.
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago