According to numbers produced by Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler, Mitt Romney has the early voting edge in the Centennial State. So far, more than 1.9 million votes have been cast; 653,450 votes from Democrats and 688,303 from Republicans. Unaffiliated voters have cast 547,437 votes. These early numbers match up with Romney's lead in Colorado heading into Election Day.
1.9 million early votes? That's 37% of the entire population of the state! I don't know how many registered voters there are in Colorado, but 1.9 million ballots is impressive for the Centennial State. I'm sure that 95% or more of those Republican ballots were cast for Romney. I am hopeful that a significant percentage of those Democrat ballots were also cast for Romney.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 16 hours ago