According to numbers produced by Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler, Mitt Romney has the early voting edge in the Centennial State. So far, more than 1.9 million votes have been cast; 653,450 votes from Democrats and 688,303 from Republicans. Unaffiliated voters have cast 547,437 votes. These early numbers match up with Romney's lead in Colorado heading into Election Day.
1.9 million early votes? That's 37% of the entire population of the state! I don't know how many registered voters there are in Colorado, but 1.9 million ballots is impressive for the Centennial State. I'm sure that 95% or more of those Republican ballots were cast for Romney. I am hopeful that a significant percentage of those Democrat ballots were also cast for Romney.
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 3 hours ago