According to numbers produced by Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler, Mitt Romney has the early voting edge in the Centennial State. So far, more than 1.9 million votes have been cast; 653,450 votes from Democrats and 688,303 from Republicans. Unaffiliated voters have cast 547,437 votes. These early numbers match up with Romney's lead in Colorado heading into Election Day.
1.9 million early votes? That's 37% of the entire population of the state! I don't know how many registered voters there are in Colorado, but 1.9 million ballots is impressive for the Centennial State. I'm sure that 95% or more of those Republican ballots were cast for Romney. I am hopeful that a significant percentage of those Democrat ballots were also cast for Romney.
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago