I despise protectionism. Mostly because it is bad economic policy, but also because politicians often use protectionism as a way of diverting attention from their own failures.
So when I appeared on Neil Cavuto’s show to comment on President Obama’s criticism of “outsourcing,” I was a tad bit critical.
I think my opening comments were effective. I wanted to help viewers understand that cross-border investment is a big net plus for the American economy. Indeed, this is why I’m so critical of laws such as FATCA that discourage foreigners from making job-creating investments in the United States.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 30 minutes ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago