That's how the argument went. But the reality has fallen far short of that. The Obama Administration has decided that, instead of reforming laws that are on the books, they'd...
brightontop Wrote: Obama deported more illegal aliens during his first three months in office than Bush did in 8 years loisoo01 Wrote: stop it with pesky facts!! I guess you two like just throwing falsehoods against the wall to have responses correcting you. Again and again and again... Take a look at the correct govt supplied numbers for deportations 2009: ICE removed 387,790 in illegal immigrants in the year ending Sept. 30, 2009, compared with 369,221 in 2008 -- a 5 percent increase. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/03/dhs-corrects-report-that-overs.html
In the wake of the 2010 midterm elections, Republicans were energized. Their perception was that President Obama, in his first two years in the Oval Office, shunned bipartisan cooperation and intentionally aggravated Republicans in an effort to get his progressive policies enacted into law. Now that the GOP had control of some small percentage of the federal government, Obama would have to at least attempt to reach across the aisle.
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 46 mins ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago