That's how the argument went. But the reality has fallen far short of that. The Obama Administration has decided that, instead of reforming laws that are on the books, they'd...
brightontop Wrote: Obama deported more illegal aliens during his first three months in office than Bush did in 8 years loisoo01 Wrote: stop it with pesky facts!! I guess you two like just throwing falsehoods against the wall to have responses correcting you. Again and again and again... Take a look at the correct govt supplied numbers for deportations 2009: ICE removed 387,790 in illegal immigrants in the year ending Sept. 30, 2009, compared with 369,221 in 2008 -- a 5 percent increase. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/03/dhs-corrects-report-that-overs.html
In the wake of the 2010 midterm elections, Republicans were energized. Their perception was that President Obama, in his first two years in the Oval Office, shunned bipartisan cooperation and intentionally aggravated Republicans in an effort to get his progressive policies enacted into law. Now that the GOP had control of some small percentage of the federal government, Obama would have to at least attempt to reach across the aisle.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago