That's how the argument went. But the reality has fallen far short of that. The Obama Administration has decided that, instead of reforming laws that are on the books, they'd...
brightontop Wrote: Obama deported more illegal aliens during his first three months in office than Bush did in 8 years loisoo01 Wrote: stop it with pesky facts!! I guess you two like just throwing falsehoods against the wall to have responses correcting you. Again and again and again... Take a look at the correct govt supplied numbers for deportations 2009: ICE removed 387,790 in illegal immigrants in the year ending Sept. 30, 2009, compared with 369,221 in 2008 -- a 5 percent increase. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/03/dhs-corrects-report-that-overs.html
In the wake of the 2010 midterm elections, Republicans were energized. Their perception was that President Obama, in his first two years in the Oval Office, shunned bipartisan cooperation and intentionally aggravated Republicans in an effort to get his progressive policies enacted into law. Now that the GOP had control of some small percentage of the federal government, Obama would have to at least attempt to reach across the aisle.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 13 hours ago