Everything that everyone loathes about Washington was present in the "fiscal cliff" bill just passed by Congress. It is 153 pages long; most members probably hadn't read all of it before voting on it; it was delivered in the middle of the night; it was loaded with pork -- the mother's milk (to mix a metaphor) of politicians -- and while the country is already swamped with massive debt, it contains massive giveaways to satisfy interest groups and campaign contributors. Did I mention the bill raises taxes on top of the coming Obamacare taxes, but does nothing -- nothing -- to...
There are some conservatives alive and in the Congress. They are in such a minority they seem to be side show circus acts to the majority of Americans that live U.S. Treasury distribution to U.S. Treasury distribution. We saw a real indicator when Paul Ryan, having a reasonable and intelligent approach to American debt and spending rate, was quickly marginalized as a radical hater of the American citizen. America has an ethical/moral problem. All the other issues are symptomatic. Go after the root cause, and stop whacking at the branches.( paraphrase of H.D. Thoreau)
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 3 hours ago