Everything that everyone loathes about Washington was present in the "fiscal cliff" bill just passed by Congress. It is 153 pages long; most members probably hadn't read all of it before voting on it; it was delivered in the middle of the night; it was loaded with pork -- the mother's milk (to mix a metaphor) of politicians -- and while the country is already swamped with massive debt, it contains massive giveaways to satisfy interest groups and campaign contributors. Did I mention the bill raises taxes on top of the coming Obamacare taxes, but does nothing -- nothing -- to...
There are some conservatives alive and in the Congress. They are in such a minority they seem to be side show circus acts to the majority of Americans that live U.S. Treasury distribution to U.S. Treasury distribution. We saw a real indicator when Paul Ryan, having a reasonable and intelligent approach to American debt and spending rate, was quickly marginalized as a radical hater of the American citizen. America has an ethical/moral problem. All the other issues are symptomatic. Go after the root cause, and stop whacking at the branches.( paraphrase of H.D. Thoreau)
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago