What happened was that I felt a longing, even an emptiness, I had never before experienced. Something was missing from my life, but I could not at first identify it. I knew it was not about being without friends or family -- after all, I hadn't been with family or friends for the previous three months. And it wasn't about being alone -- I had gotten used to...
Dennis, My hope for you is that you would sincerely embrace Jesus Christ as Saviour and Messiah this Christmas season. Without Christ, Christmas is just another secular break from work. As for giving gifts, this has it's origin in God giving His only Son in love and mercy to His people. Please stop telling people that all "good" people go to heaven. This philosophy disregards the core claim that Jesus made about Himself, therefore making Him a false Prophet: "I am the way the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except by Me." As Paul said, Our Gospel is either true, or we are a people to be most pitied, because we believe a fairy tale and are actually condemned with the unbeliever.
When I was 20, I spent my junior year in college in England. When classes let out for the last two weeks of December, I traveled to Morocco, where something life-changing occurred.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago